When equipped with a solid quality education, young adults can secure high-paying, stable careers with benefits and advancement potential. The College Readiness and Access Program provides selected participants with the tools necessary to be accepted and successfully matriculated into a post-secondary learning environment.
The College Readiness and Access Program curriculum is divided into three sections:
1) Readiness (Preparation for acceptance into college)
2) Acceptance (Assistance in filling out college applications andforms)
3) Retention (Social/Emotional/Practical support to see students to and through a four-year institution).
The College Readiness and Access Program course is comprised of 30 90-minute sessions to be held three times a week.
• Finances and the college student
• Basic computer skills (Word Processing, Excel, PowerPoint fluency)
• Filling out a college application
• College admission essay workshop
• Refining the personal statement for college admission
• Selecting the right college• Securing funding for school
• Filling out the FAFSA and TAP applications
Also included are five Saturday trips to the Ivy League Universities in the Northeast including- Cornell, U Penn, Harvard, Yale, Brown, Princeton, Dartmouth and Columbia.
While in the program, students are required to participate in an extracurricular activity/program of their choice, maintain a GPA minimum of 80, and be in good standing with their high school.
How it works
• Fingerprinted teachers
• An expertly crafted curriculum
• Five college visitation trips
• College counseling to students and their families
For more information about our College Readiness/Access Program, please complete the form below: